Membership Accounts, Group Push Notifications, Subscription Features, Advanced Loyalty, Native iPhone 6 Views, New Native Food Ordering, Music Player Upgrades and many more improvements!
With new feature releases and huge updates to existing ones, our latest release brings plenty of treats… and it even has a few tricks up its sleeve.
- Create one or many unique user logins for your app.
- Assign users to specific groups and customize their access levels.
- Enable Guest Login to provide non-users with limited access.
- Set a custom background for your app’s login screen.
Let’s bring the idea of mailing lists into the mobile landscape! You can now create subscription categories through the Messages section of your dashboard. These categories will appear in a new menu within the app’s Messages tab, where users can opt out of receiving the types of messages they wish to ignore.
When sending push notifications, you can filter by subscription categories to target the right users and avoid bugging the wrongs ones. All push notifications will be viewable in the Messages tab, regardless of users’ specific subscription settings, but only users subscribed to a list will receive alerts from it.
Segmented Push Notifications
It doesn’t end at subscription lists. You can now select target groups or users (or both!) from your Membership Accounts for more customized push notifications.
Need to alert parents about report cards or remind faculty about this week’s conference? Can do. Just select that group from the list and only users registered to that group will receive the alert and see the message in their Messages tab.
Advanced Loyalty Rewards
Introducing a new feature at FastAPPZ, Advanced Loyalty Rewards.
With the advanced loyalty feature a business can create up to 10 perks to offer their clients.
This new loyalty feature allows business to customize:
- The amount of points each stamp awards
- Ability to earn points by accepting push notes
- Choose amount of points stamps reward
- Choose amount of points each perk tier requires
- Gauge and thumbnail icons for each perk
- Long descriptions and titles for each perk
- A full info page where the business can customize their details about the loyalty program
When a user first enters the app they will be prompted to login to the feature.
Users can login with either an email address or by using their Facebook or Twitter account.
As a business owner, you will be able to receive all of the email address that are used inside your app for marketing purposes.
Business owners will also be able to see activity on the app or CMS to track your most active users.
The UI looks like this, where colors are of course customizable.
Once you receive enough points in your ‘bank’ (the number in the middle of the gauge) you will see the color of the perk change and animate with a spinning bottle cap image.
Users can attain an unlimited number of points and choose to save up points in order to redeem larger rewards.
Once a perk is redeemed, you will see the icon darkened in both the gauge and list. If the option to allow for repeated rewards is selected it will not get this darkened image.
When you expand a perk, you will see the amount of points required inside the square brackets. The user will simply hand their device to an employee at the place of business to either have their stamp made or perk redeemed.
We require the special code during the redemption step in order to prevent from accidental redemptions.
All of these customizations are easy to implement in our platform. Here are some example images for the advanced loyalty shown above.
When building your perk list, we will automatically sort them in accordance to the total number of points needed. This way the list and gauge progress will stay in line with each other.
The activities can be viewed by two sorting options, a most recents list or grouped by users to get a better overview of your clients.
The Advanced Loyalty feature can be accessed through the current loyalty tab.
Businesses are able to have both classic loyalty cards along with one or multiple advanced loyalty programs.
Native iPhone 6 and 6Plus views
FastAPPZ now supports native views for the new iOS devices.
Your apps will look better than ever on these large display devices showing more content and beautiful images.
Music Player Improvement
Users now have playback controls in the Music and Podcast features: Fast-Forward/Rewind, Next/Previous, and track scrubbing allow for precise control over your audio playback experience.
New Native Food Ordering
We’ve been hard at work on our brand new food ordering feature! It’s now available in native code with our new upgrade, or just a quick click away with the newly updated HTML5 version.
With new service and availability settings, payment options, repeat orders, tip features and more, we think you’ll really enjoy this large release. We listened to industry experts and client feedback, then used some clever wizardry to bring a flexible and customizable feature that suits the unique needs of our many clients. With added functionality and less setup required, we recommend you check out the new version ASAP!
To give a quick overview of what’s included:
- New category images
- Selectable category views
- Optional tip feature
- Delivery minimums
- Delivery radius based off address
- Delivery fee
- Free Delivery amount
- Displays up to 10 past orders
- Store favorite delivery addresses for fast ordering
- Two location search views
- Item location and availability options (think ‘breakfast menu’)
- Supports BraintreePayments for CC processing as well as PayPal
- Reworked Review Orders page
Here are some details and screenshots so you can see what we’re going on and on about.
Time & Availability
Review Orders Page
With our new release, we are now offering a background image blur feature! This blur effect will allow clients to make their app look great in less time than ever before.
Starting with just one image, you can now toggle the blur effect on globally or on a feature-by-feature basis to complete graphics for your entire app. If you want to spice up some features with a bit of added color, try using images from our included gallery with the added blur effect!
Head over to the Appearance Step -> Settings. Under Global Settings you will now see a new option titled Blur Effect. Here you have a couple options.
1. You can select which feature backgrounds you’d like to blur.
2. Or you can override this and apply the blur effect to all feature, including the home screen, with just one toggle.
Here are some examples of the Blur Effect in action:
The most noticeable visual change in our Orange release is our brand new popup dialog design. It now uses the button color you’ve selected in your app’s Global Style section, adding a touch of color to the normally drab boxes.
Your prompts will really pop with this updated look, helping your messages stand out in a whole new way.
More updates and improvements
- Golf course tab can now be set to display meters or yards
- Real Estate tabs can choose between square feet, square meters or acres
- PDF tabs now have section fields
- Improvements to reservations tab date blocking
- Plus smaller UI changes and speed improvements
- Reservations Feature now uses Braintree integration and no longer supports the PayPal integration of the past.
- Social Tab upgrades to work with Membership functionality.
- iOS 9 Support with upgraded SDKs for Facebook, Twitter and more.